WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Personal Data Protection clause [For use on warranty card & online warranty, service request form]
Your personal data is being collected, and may be used or disclosed to third parties (which may be overseas) for the purposes of servicing the warranty for your Product and contacting you in relation to the same, or for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes (the “Purpose”). SGHITECH will handle your personal data in compliance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and all regulations thereunder. You may exercise your rights to access or correct said data by writing to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for requests to access or correct personal data.
Mobile Device Warranty
Product: SGHITECH Excellence EXSG-001 (Hardware) Warranty Period: 1 year (From date of purchase) Scope of Warranty: Parts and Labour Warranty Service: Carry in
Product: Original SGHITECH Excellence EXSG-001 Battery, Charger Warranty Period: 6 months (From date of purchase) Scope of Warranty: Parts and Labour Warranty Service: Carry in
Product: Original Screen Protector/Tempered Glass Screen Protector Warranty Period: None
Nothing in this warranty purports to limit, modify, take away from, disclaim, exclude or suspend any mandatory warranty requirements provided or non-excludable statutory rights you may have under the law. This warranty gives you additional protection for your SGHITECH product, as delivered new in the original packaging to the original end-user purchaser (“Product”), subject to the exclusions, terms and conditions herein.
- This Product is warranted for the specified Warranty Period from the date of original retail purchase against defects in quality and materials under normal, non-commercial use.
- Unless otherwise specified, this warranty only covers the hardware components of the Product as originally supplied and does not cover any software, consumable items, or accessories even if packaged or sold together with the Product. For details on any user rights with respect to software, please refer to licensing agreement accompanying such software.
- This limited warranty is only valid in Singapore, and the Product is not eligible for any international warranty service. Warranty service may only be performed by a SGHITECH authorised service centre.
- This warranty only applies to Products manufactured by or for SGHITECH that can be identified by the original “SGHITECH” trademark, trade name or logo affixed to them, and LOCALLY purchased from SGHITECH PTE. LTD. or SGHITECH PTE. LTD. authorised Singapore dealers, distributors or resellers.
- This warranty is only valid upon registration of the Product by the original end-user purchaser, a valid original purchase receipt with date of purchase; receipt must be legible.
- This warranty is not transferable.
- SGHITECH does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the Product. Product performance is affected by system configuration, software, applications, and your data and operator control of the system, among other factors.
- While the Product is considered to be compatible with many systems, it is your responsibility to determine compatibility and integration of the Product with other systems.
- For the avoidance of doubt, minor imperfections within design specifications and that do not materially alter functionality of the Product are not considered a defect under this warranty.
- If any section, provision, clause, sentence or part thereof of this warranty is held to be void, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable, and the remainder shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
- Waiver by SGHITECH of any breach of the warranty terms and conditions shall not be deemed as a continuing waiver of such default or a waiver of any other default.
- Except where otherwise expressly provided, the terms and conditions of this warranty are contained exclusively herein, and no other agreement, provision or statement, regardless of the origin of the same, shall be accepted as extending, adding to, subtracting from or otherwise altering the terms of this warranty. No warranty or guarantee given by any other person, firm or corporation with respect to the Product shall be binding on SGHITECH.
For a full list of the updated warranty terms and conditions, please visit www.sghitech.sg .
Limitations and Exclusions
- Notwithstanding that the Product is within the Warranty Period, this warranty shall be invalidated and rendered void upon the following:
- The Product serial number, IMEI number or warranty seal has been removed, erased, defaced, altered, tampered or is illegible; or
- The Product shows evidence of commercial use; impact, shock; accident; fire, flood, earthquake, lightning or other acts of nature; sand, liquid or food damage; exposure to extreme thermal or environmental conditions beyond product specifications or a rapid change in such conditions; electrostatic discharge; battery or chemical corrosion; abuse, mishandling, improper installation, operation or maintenance, use of wrong electrical supply or voltage; damage during shipment to / from SGHITECH authorised service centre; damage caused by installation of any software, programs or applications, or use of any accessories, consumable items or peripheral equipment not provided or approved by SGHITECH for use with the Product; improper alteration, modification, adjustment, tampering; replacement of parts with parts not provided or approved by SGHITECH; or dismantling, opening, service or repair performed other than by SGHITECH authorised service centre; or any other use contrary to the product manual.
- This warranty does not cover:
- Missing accessories or external parts of the Product, unless such claim is made within 3 days from the date of original retail purchase;
- Cosmetic damage to outer surface/finishing and external parts of the Product, including without limitation cracks, dents or scratches on the exterior casing, screen, camera lens, buttons and other attachments;
- Deterioration of the Product due to normal wear and tear, including without limitation rust or stains;
- General maintenance, password reset assistance, routine servicing and cleaning, updating/upgrading of software, installation of software or applications, product demonstration, or any other service other than repair;
- Any other circumstance such that repair would be contradictory or not in compliance with good business practice.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the warranty expressly provided herein is the sole and exclusive warranty provided in connection with the Product and no other warranties, representations, endorsements or conditions of any kind, whether oral, written, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation any implied warranties of quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and warranties against hidden or latent defects, are provided. In so far as any warranties cannot be excluded, such warranties shall be limited to the terms of this warranty and for the Warranty Period expressed herein.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, SGHITECH shall not be in any way liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special or similar damages whatsoever arising from or in connection with the use, inability to use or performance of the Product, including without limitation loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of opportunity, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation, failure to realise savings or other benefits, loss of use of the Product or any associated equipment, loss of or damage to other property due to the malfunction of the Product, costs of substitute equipment, loss due to downtime cost, costs of recovering, reprogramming or reproducing any program or data stored in or used with a system containing the Product, or loss, damage, corruption or compromise of data, whether due to breach of warranty, strict liability, product liability, the negligence of SGHITECH, or otherwise, even if SGHITECH is aware of the possibility of such damages. SGHITECH does not exclude or limit liability for personal injury or death resulting from SGHITECH’s negligence.
- In no event shall any recovery against SGHITECH exceed the actual price paid for the purchase of the Product.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you assume all risk and liability for loss, damage or injury to you and your property and to any third parties and their property arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the Product not caused directly by the negligence of SGHITECH.
- You agree and acknowledge that SGHITECH’s exclusions and limitations of liability are reasonable in the circumstances.
Customer Data / Items Left in the Product
- It is your responsibility to secure and / or back up remove any programs, data or other material stored in the Product. You must also delete any confidential / personal information contained in the Product before handing over the Product for repair. SGHITECH assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage, destruction, alteration or failure to maintain confidentiality of programs, data, information or other material left in the Product, howsoever caused, whether during servicing of the Product, through use of synchronisation software for the Product, or otherwise.
It is your responsibility to remove any accessories, external parts or other attachments to the Product (“Accessories”) prior to handing in the Product for servicing. SGHITECH shall not be liable for any loss, damage or destruction to any such Accessories which are not removed.
Obtaining Warranty Service
- Prior to making a claim under this warranty, please contact SGHITECH Technical Support Department, after a series of test, when deemed defective by SGHITECH then warranty claim can be made.
- By making a claim under this warranty, you agree to waive any claim(s) for compensation, monetary or otherwise, which you may be entitled to in respect of the Product other than that provided under this warranty, if any.
- If you consider that the Product which you have purchased is not of acceptable quality, has a latent defect, or is otherwise not compliant with any warranties or legal rights given to you under the law, you must give notice to SGHITECH of the alleged defects promptly upon discovery.
- If a valid claim is made on a valid warranty during the Warranty Period, SGHITECH will, upon sight of valid supporting documents (i.e. dated proof of purchase and warranty card), repair, or for user-installable parts require you to repair the Product. For defects that cannot be repaired within a reasonable time or without significant inconvenience, SGHITECH will either: (a) replace the Product, or (b) refund the amount paid by you for the Product or part thereof.
- SGHITECH may conduct diagnostic tests on the Product to determine the cause of failure / defect. SGHITECH’s decision on all claims, including without limitation whether there is a defect in the Product, the cause of failure / defect, validity of the warranty, and what remedy is to be provided, shall be conclusive and you agree to abide by such decision. Products with valid warranty subsisting will upon repair or replacement continue to be warranted for the remaining of its warranty period, or for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of completion of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
- For the avoidance of doubt, SGHITECH shall not in any way be liable under this warranty to repair, replace or refund any Product which SGHITECH may, at its sole discretion, decide as being “Out of Warranty” due to breach of the warranty terms, invalidation of the warranty, expiry of the Warranty Period, or other reasons. Notwithstanding the foregoing, SGHITECH may at its sole discretion agree to repair an Out of Warranty Product, on the condition that you pay an appropriate service fee for the repair. Repairs on Out of Warranty products carry a one (1) month warranty from the date of completion of service for the: (a) parts repaired / replaced, and (b) same fault for which the repair was conducted.
- Repair or replacement may involve the use of functionally equivalent refurbished or reconditioned products or parts.
- Any replaced product or part, or fully refunded product, shall become the absolute property of SGHITECH and must be returned to SGHITECH.